A PEACE OF TIME: 2007

A Peace of Time2007

7 song taste of music that was recorded live in the studio and features recordings of TESLA’s own songs in a different fashion as well as a few covers that we love. Set to be released for the Holiday season, there is a recording of the Christmas classic “Silent night” and alternate recordings of TESLA classics.

I LOVE YOU (climax blues band)
This track was the first song that Tesla recorded in the studio together when reuniting in 2000 after the 5 year break-up. JK asked the band to record this song to be played at his wedding.

EVERYTHING I OWN (Bread)
Another beautiful love song, this song really showcases JK’s vocal ability and TESLA’S ability to “own” a classic cover. Transposed using a capo and teslafied during the guitar solo, this track captures TESLA chemistry.

SIGNS
This is a very raunchy version of our top 10 hit recorded “live” in the studio with a little more grit and attitude than the 5 man “acoustic” version.

THE WAY IT IS
We recorded this version in the studio after coming home from the Canadian “acoustic” tour. It is a stripped down version and we opted to sing it a bit lower to make it more soulful and played the guitar parts with a softer touch.

WHAT YOU GIVE
Not much to say about this track except it is one of our favorite songs we’ve written and our fans seem to love it as much if not more today than ever. This recording is a Hybrid version of acoustic and electric complete with the guitar solo being played acoustically and the twangy country licks complementing JK’s soulful lyrics.

I’D LOVE TO CHANGE THE WORLD (ten years after)
A Great song! This track was originally considered for the “REAL TO REEL” set list but somehow got left behind. This is a “live” demo version recorded in the studio and we wanted to convey a fierce “Guitar” battle between Frank and Tommy. There is a lot of aggression in the music and JK put some serious vibes in the vocals.

SILENT NIGHT (ACOUSTIC SOLO)
This recording is an acoustic arrangement put together by Frank Hannon as a bonus track for the EP’s release in December for Christmas. The melody is beautiful and is reminiscent of TESLA’s “LOVE SONG” intro with classical guitar lines and finger picking. To add to the arrangement, there are Dobro slide parts and a Mandolin outro added to enhance the holiday spirit. Enjoy!

- Jedd Beaudoin "Music Fan"

NOTE: This is available in digital format only.

TESLA:
Jeff Keith – lead vocals
Frank Hannon – electric & acoustic guitars, keyboards and backing vocals
Brian Wheat – bass guitar and background vocals
Dave Rude – electric, acoustic & slide guitars and backing vocals
Troy Luccketta – drums and percussion
*Tommy Skeoch – electric, acoustic guitars and backing vocals

DETAILS
Release Date
November 20, 2007
Format
EP Digital Only
Record Label
TESLA Electric Company Recordings, Inc.
CREDITS
Producer
Engineer
Michael Rosen
Mixed by
Michael Rosen with Frank Hannon
and Brian Wheat
Artwork
Duane Serfass

February 21, 2013 7:11 amPosted 1 year ago
    Gauvrit Thomas

Love Tesla, Want this Album in CD, You are the Best!!!!!!!!!!!

November 26, 2012 3:04 pmPosted 1 year ago
    John

TC (or anyone), I simply cannot find this anywhere for download purchase! Though I would like a CD for the collector aspect, I would be more than happy to pay @ itunes or Amazon to get a copy of this album. With Christmas coming up, could this be put into either of those two venues so we can have access to “Silent Night” in its entirety? Thanks!

November 26, 2012 3:15 pmPosted 1 year ago
      TC

I will look into it, don’t know why it isn’t there any longer

October 16, 2012 9:38 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Tom York

Somehow I can’t find this for purchase. Used to have it on my computer but I can’t seem to find it so I would like to buy it again but can’t seem to find the correct link. Any help??

September 11, 2012 1:42 pmPosted 2 years ago
    jonny d

ill 2nd, 3rd n 4th that. please release this on cd

• December 15, 2012 12:48 pmPosted 1 year ago
      Danny

Yeah cos Katy Perry, Kylie, Madonna and Pink are racking up all the aeadlcocs from old timer like Tony Bennett when WILL gaga stop copying Miss Kylie et al..! Sheesh..!I do tend to think Gagsy is the next PRIME candidate to join the 27-Club but yeah the Tony Bennett combo should be interesting AND just read her CHER duet is going to drop in September BTW album what BTW album?? hah

August 17, 2012 9:19 amPosted 2 years ago
    Chuck Merkich

Can’t find this on Emusic. Is it available anywhere else?

August 17, 2012 12:47 pmPosted 2 years ago
      TC

I’ll do some research, didn’t know it wasn’t anymore
      TC

July 25, 2012 8:30 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Doug

I would also like a CD version of this. I do not purchase MP3s, they do not sound as good as CDs through a home stereo.

June 1, 2012 3:02 pmPosted 2 years ago
    glk

please release this on cd, it’s about the only recordings i dont have!

May 9, 2012 10:14 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Mark

Ya! Please release this in C.D. format! I don’t want to buy a membership to emusic! They require it in order to download music from them. I just want the only Tesla music I don’t own yet! Please, please, please, release it on C.D! Thanks!

April 17, 2012 8:25 amPosted 2 years ago
    Sue Craner

Please release Peace of Time in CD format. I love Tesla and have everything they have recorded except this. It would be awesome to have!

March 11, 2012 7:31 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Big DAVE

Will you please release this as a physical CD. Even if it is in short/limited quantities. I am an avid CD collector, like those who collect(ed) vinyl. I’d love the disc for my giant wall!