TROY LUCCKETTAdrums

Birthday: October 5, 1959
Birthplace: Lodi, California
Instruments: Drums & percussion
Interests: Drums, Family, Benefits & Church

Troy started playing drums at 10 years old and was influenced by Mitch Mitchell of the Jimi Hendrix Experience. Troy has a wide variety of musical tastes and loves Creedence Clearwater Revival, Neil Diamond, Led Zeppelin, and Latin style percussion. His other drumming influences include John Bonham, Ian Paice, Jeff Porcaro, David Garibaldi, and The Godfather Steve Gadd.

Troy grew up in the east San Francisco bay area playing in bands such as Whisper, Benny and the Jets, 415 and the Eric Martin Band before joining TESLA in 1985. Troy's son, Troy Jr. is also a fantastic drummer. Troy also produces other artists and plays drums on recording sessions in the studio with artists like Ronnie Montrose, Marc Bonilla and others.

more articles

Photo Gallery

September 30, 2013 1:02 pmPosted 10 months ago
    vic vicena

hi troy.. i was the Fundamentals bass player when you used to sit in and play WHAT IS HIP. at YOSHI”S before it moved.. i will be at the catalyst in santa curz next sat. with my stunningly beautiful girl who is a huge fan for ever.. and wondered if a pic or two would be possible.. didn’t know how security would be there…. excited to see the band as well.. my first time.. Vic Vicena .. ;p

September 30, 2013 1:04 pmPosted 10 months ago
      vic vicena

John Xepoleas is the Fundamentals drummer.. ;p

September 19, 2013 9:02 pmPosted 11 months ago
    Rich fray

Hey troy long time no see! How are you brother, last tim i saw you was in the early 80′s we sat in your van in novato after Rehearsal at jack in the box and talk about eric and the band. Well for me i have been on tour with the wailers, and other bands and i have hung it up for now. I hope your doing well. And have you heard from zeke? You can find me on facebook Richard A Fray. Be well brother.

July 15, 2013 7:02 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Karen Luzinski

Hey Troy, we went to school together I used to be Lundberg but kept my married name even after getting a divorce. Love your tunes. Mt. Eden Monarchs dude, haha

July 4, 2013 3:39 pmPosted 1 year ago
    doug maroney

happy Special day to you!!! are you coming to reno again soon?

June 6, 2013 1:38 pmPosted 1 year ago
    T. Irvine

Hey Troy it’s been a long time ! YOU Might not remember me but we have a ‘lot of connections. 415,ERIC MARTIN BAND,MR. BIG ( ENJOYED WATCHING THE GUY’S RECORD AT FANTASY RECORDS, LONG TIME !/and THE PERFORMANCE AT Mountain Aire ! Year’s ago YOU AND JAKE BORROWED KEY’S FROM ME FOR YOUR GIG WITH AMBROSIA in S.f. Thanks ! it was a great show AND GETTING MY KEY’S BACK IN ONE PIECE(I TRUSTED YOU ) Before CITY KID became TESLA I was a member of Zboy we opened for u at OASIS BALL ROOM,SAC several times . ? Do you stay in touch with Eric? I have to say I miss Mark (God bless him ,what a good soul) the last time I saw Mark was in Clayton,ca we had Pizza and beer,and looked forward to seeing all of our friends together .We had a good time. Friends OF BOTH OF US attended his memorial I am sorry I could not make it . On a Lighter note Brad Lang is now with W&T I’m sure you know him. HOPE I CAN MAKE HIS SUMMER SOLSTICE PARTY THE YEAR ! I HOPE YOU AND ALL THE GUY’S ARE DOING WELL! THANKS TERRY

April 26, 2013 3:23 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Ken Cash

Troy awesome show! Thanks for letting me and Brenda be a part of it. Have a great tour. We will see you next time.

September 19, 2012 11:59 amPosted 1 year ago
    duane leazier

troy i recently took my kids to the escanaba state fair in escanaba,mi. to see tesla in concert.you guys put on one hell of a great show.the music was great and the sound was perfect.at the end of the show like the last 3 songs i brought my 9 year old daughter up to the front of the stage and lifted her up so she could see you play.then at the end you personally gave her one of your drumsticks.i was blowen away by that and you gave her a memory she will never forget and still smiles when she talks about you.tesla was her 1st. concert and she will never forget what you did for her and neither will i.thank you.taking pictures of you was hard that close to the stage with everybody moving.is there any possible way i could get an autographed picture of you playing live please.i wanna take the drumstick and photo and have it framed for her.thank you,duane leazier.sault ste.marie,mi.

• August 2, 2012 9:31 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Kevin M. Berry

Troy it was a pleasure meeting you at G Ctr Wednesday evening. It was good talking to someone down to earth and extremely knowledgeable about drums. I actually found you here by accident … I decided on Tama Starclassic Maple after going to the North G Ctr store that evening and playing on the other two Pearl kits. Neither had the low end presence that I got from the Starclassic so it’s a wrap my man. Anyway thanks for taking the time to chat with me and being so humble. I listened to some of your tracks and you do nice work on the skinz my man, nice work. Congrats and continued success with your music. Please take a moment, when time permits, and drop me a few lines. I’d enjoy sharing more knowledge and checking you out live. Stay well and do continue to tear up the skinz.

KmB Sr.

July 26, 2012 10:23 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Shawn Hughes

Hey Troy. It doesn’t look like you will be anywhere near me on this run. Kick a, i know you will bro. Your a great guy and a kick ass drummer.

July 4, 2012 1:47 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Dave

Just writing a word of thanks for Frank and Troy!

Frank gave my daughter, Alyssa, a brief personal guitar lesson today at Guitar Center in Warwick, RI after hearing her play some Eagles Desperado.

She was already greatly enjoying guitar and now she has even more encouragement and a great story to tell.

Thanks again guys!