JEFF KEITHvocals

Born: October 12, 1958

Birthplace: Texarkana, Arkansas

Instrument: Lead Vocals

Interests: People, Children, Animals, Music, Motorcycles, Football, Baseball, Basketball, as well as all sports. JK’s biggest interest of all is LOVE!!!

JK started singing at 24 years old while drivin’ a semi truck delivering rock and septic tanks in the mountains of Northern California.  He sang in a band with his brother called “Troubleshooter” before joining Frank Hannon and Brian Wheat in 1983 in their cover band called “City Kidd” which was later named “TESLA.”  He was born in Texarkana and grew up in Northern California as well as Idabel, Oklahoma, where he graduated High School and majored in FFA (Future Farmers of America) before moving back to Georgetown, California, a small mountain town in the Sierras.  JK won a singing contest and was introduced to the guys through some friends who knew the band.  Despite his lack of experience at the time, it was his unique and raspy voice that caught the band’s ear.

JK is a huge country music fan.  As a matter of fact, he is about to release his first effort as a country artist with a couple of very good friends from Nashville, Tennessee, Kent Goodson and Pat “the other” Boone.  The project will be titled “Jeff Keith and Country Music Friends.”  Kent Goodson is best known for his work as George Jones’ keyboardist for 28 years, from 1982 – 2011.  He has also played a big part in the songwriting and production department for the project.  JK’s other partner in CMF is Pat Boone (not the one with the white boots, that’s why we call him Pat “the other” Boone).  Pat is still George Jones’ monitor engineer for over 10 years now, which still holds the record at that particular position.  Pat’s role in the project is not only in the songwriting department, but also as Captain of the pontoon boat on “Old Hickory Lake” where most of CMF’s songs were written.  JK hopes everybody will be very supportive in his passionate pursuit of a lifelong dream for his love of country music as well as enjoy the music!

JK has always been about family, but now has a little family of his own.  It all came to be by meeting the girl of his dreams, Vera (a.k.a. “Mrs. Hoss”).  He is always saying “She’s the one for me.”  That’s not the only new girl in his life ‘cause now he is the proud father of two beautiful daughters, Danielle and Courtney.  He just walked Danielle down the aisle in 2010 in Eugene, Oregon, where she is happily married.  Courtney is now a freshman in High School and is loving every minute of it as a 4.0 Honor Student.  Last, but not least, is the fast mover and a shaker, swimmer, and a climbing little rugrat, Joe Bob Jeffrey.  He’s quite the little character.  JK feels that there is nothing more pure in this world than a child.  Unconditional love is the greatest!!!  He would also like to extend his gratitude for the greatest fans in the world!  You guys are the best!!!

JK is an avid lover of animals and has a huge heart for rescuing homeless animals.  One day, while walking into an Oakland Raiders game, a starving dog was wandering the parking lot looking for food and JK decided to skip the game and take him home.  A short time later, when the band was recording the Real to Reel album in Texas, JK discovered a homeless mother dog with puppies, and he drove them all the way to his home in California.  These acts of love were recognized by ARF (Animal Rescue Foundation) and JK received the “Evie Award” for his efforts.  The dogs’ names are “Okie”, “Cali” and the pups.  They are happy and healthy today.
Posted in: Jeff Keith, News
Tags: Jeff keith
July 7, 20113 years ago

JEFF KEITH: "We were kind of outcasts back when everyone was into the glam thing"

Recently I got the chance to chat with Jeff Keith of Tesla. We talked about Tommy Skeoch, new guitarist Dave Rude and what Tesla’s secret to being the coolest dudes in rock n roll is. Check it out below. Read more

more articles

Photo Gallery

March 15, 2014 11:00 pmPosted 7 months ago
    Dawn Baccola

Hi Jeff,
    I wanted to know if the band would be coming to NewJersey?? I have never been to one of your concerts but, I would love to see you guys. I love your band and the music.

March 8, 2014 9:32 amPosted 7 months ago
    KD naugle

hey jeff look foward to seeing you and the band at gettysburg bike week! as your band has been a very big influance on our little known band ! keep up the good work! love you guys &god bless all! crazy Dave of the little known band from Gettysburg PA SLEMPROB!

March 2, 2014 1:09 amPosted 7 months ago
    tesla04

only a wild heart could make that music. i don’t remember there being a lot of JAM OUT music before Tesla’s first album. i could only know your happy to be able to stay out and do music and to see those people at those clubs and venues. i know that happy because it was also in song and emotion.

March 2, 2014 1:16 amPosted 7 months ago
      tesla04

i know that happy because i wanted to stay at the venue the first night of my very first concert. i never knew of anything like that. i never knew of something like a concert. i didn’t even know that was my interest.

March 2, 2014 1:28 amPosted 7 months ago
        tesla04

jeff, maybe his early days it made him happy to go out and do it the way he wanted to do it. maybe he’s still like that.

February 28, 2014 8:10 pmPosted 7 months ago
    Bruce

Hey Jeff,
    I am a HUGE Tesla fan! I have been following your band since the 80s! I live in MD and saw you two years ago at the M3 festival and I’m stoked that you are coming again this year. I have a request, though…please play SONG AND EMOTION (you played this two years ago) and LAZY DAYS, CRAZY NIGHTS (you did not play this…and this is my favorite TESLA song!). Thanks! I can’t wait to see you at the end of April!

Bruce

February 25, 2014 12:14 amPosted 7 months ago
    jeff04

i didn’t really know what i was watching or what i was hearing on the radio. i just knew i liked it.

February 20, 2014 12:29 amPosted 8 months ago
    EDDIE J.

Jeff,

From the beginning, I’ve always been a fan of the bands music. But, My favorite song is Song and Emotion. Your vocals on that track are absolutely beautiful along with the rich guitar work. The lyrics hit home with me big-time. I want to thank you and the rest of the band for giving me and the rest of your fans the pleasure of listening to a magnificent song that I will never forget.

February 14, 2014 10:14 amPosted 8 months ago
    joel dalton

you guys are the best .i listen to all of your music just about everyday i go see you in cleveland everytime u come around keep up the good work and oh yea GO RAIDERS”

February 7, 2014 7:24 pmPosted 8 months ago
    Marc/Pabst Blue Ribbon

Hey Jeff,

I am having a very enjoyable evening consuming copious amounts of red wine and listening to the fabulous library of your incredible work.
    That notwithstanding, I have come to the realization since “Into The Now” (10 years ago) there has been very little to cheer about.
    The new Tesla ingle is underwhelming to say the least and hopefully the 2014 sessions are several steps above the latest efforts.
    I realize the Tommy Skeoch situation is likely past the point of no return yet listening to a few riffs on his last record (and horrific attempts to be a vocalist) there is a major element missing from Tesla’s sound!!
    Ask Sabbath….sober companions are available!… Give Tommy a ring and put the band back in the ASS KICKING ROCK FOLD!

P.S. The Harpo’s BAR 7 show in Detroit was amazing as is the record!!!

February 4, 2014 9:23 pmPosted 8 months ago
    Brad adcock

Glad to see the country , always thought you should do a duet with tanya tucker but that was in the 80s both have that killer whiskey gravel voice. Life time fan ca.

December 19, 2013 10:50 amPosted 10 months ago
    Rick Billingsley

What’s up Jeff? Just wanted to give you a shout from your people in beautiful Southeast Oklahoma! Idabel is my home and I was a close friend and neighbor of JJ. We are proud of you man! Holler at me if you get over this way and I’ll take you fishing. Peace