JEFF KEITHvocals

Born: October 12, 1958

Birthplace: Texarkana, Arkansas

Instrument: Lead Vocals

Interests: People, Children, Animals, Music, Motorcycles, Football, Baseball, Basketball, as well as all sports. JK’s biggest interest of all is LOVE!!!

JK started singing at 24 years old while drivin’ a semi truck delivering rock and septic tanks in the mountains of Northern California.  He sang in a band with his brother called “Troubleshooter” before joining Frank Hannon and Brian Wheat in 1983 in their cover band called “City Kidd” which was later named “TESLA.”  He was born in Texarkana and grew up in Northern California as well as Idabel, Oklahoma, where he graduated High School and majored in FFA (Future Farmers of America) before moving back to Georgetown, California, a small mountain town in the Sierras.  JK won a singing contest and was introduced to the guys through some friends who knew the band.  Despite his lack of experience at the time, it was his unique and raspy voice that caught the band’s ear.

JK is a huge country music fan.  As a matter of fact, he is about to release his first effort as a country artist with a couple of very good friends from Nashville, Tennessee, Kent Goodson and Pat “the other” Boone.  The project will be titled “Jeff Keith and Country Music Friends.”  Kent Goodson is best known for his work as George Jones’ keyboardist for 28 years, from 1982 – 2011.  He has also played a big part in the songwriting and production department for the project.  JK’s other partner in CMF is Pat Boone (not the one with the white boots, that’s why we call him Pat “the other” Boone).  Pat is still George Jones’ monitor engineer for over 10 years now, which still holds the record at that particular position.  Pat’s role in the project is not only in the songwriting department, but also as Captain of the pontoon boat on “Old Hickory Lake” where most of CMF’s songs were written.  JK hopes everybody will be very supportive in his passionate pursuit of a lifelong dream for his love of country music as well as enjoy the music!

JK has always been about family, but now has a little family of his own.  It all came to be by meeting the girl of his dreams, Vera (a.k.a. “Mrs. Hoss”).  He is always saying “She’s the one for me.”  That’s not the only new girl in his life ‘cause now he is the proud father of two beautiful daughters, Danielle and Courtney.  He just walked Danielle down the aisle in 2010 in Eugene, Oregon, where she is happily married.  Courtney is now a freshman in High School and is loving every minute of it as a 4.0 Honor Student.  Last, but not least, is the fast mover and a shaker, swimmer, and a climbing little rugrat, Joe Bob Jeffrey.  He’s quite the little character.  JK feels that there is nothing more pure in this world than a child.  Unconditional love is the greatest!!!  He would also like to extend his gratitude for the greatest fans in the world!  You guys are the best!!!

JK is an avid lover of animals and has a huge heart for rescuing homeless animals.  One day, while walking into an Oakland Raiders game, a starving dog was wandering the parking lot looking for food and JK decided to skip the game and take him home.  A short time later, when the band was recording the Real to Reel album in Texas, JK discovered a homeless mother dog with puppies, and he drove them all the way to his home in California.  These acts of love were recognized by ARF (Animal Rescue Foundation) and JK received the “Evie Award” for his efforts.  The dogs’ names are “Okie”, “Cali” and the pups.  They are happy and healthy today.
Posted in: Jeff Keith, News
Tags: Jeff keith
July 7, 20113 years ago

JEFF KEITH: "We were kind of outcasts back when everyone was into the glam thing"

Recently I got the chance to chat with Jeff Keith of Tesla. We talked about Tommy Skeoch, new guitarist Dave Rude and what Tesla’s secret to being the coolest dudes in rock n roll is. Check it out below. Read more

more articles

Photo Gallery

July 7, 2013 2:17 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Shane Gurnsey

I would like to say Hi to my old friend Jeff. Back in 1981 Jeff drove me and my Race bike to Sac Raceway so I could race Motocross on Friday Nights! That was some time ago but I will Never forget ! It was some good times ! Jeff is good people and He always could sing ! Jeff used to call me spike after my grandfather. And working with Jeff at George Town Ready Mix were he made work a fun place because that’s just the person Jeff is ,a pleaser to be around I’m glad to have been around such a good person like Jeff!! Keep up The good work old friend! (Spike) Shane Gurnsey

June 24, 2013 12:48 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Linda Rice

Jeff Keith, you are such freakin NUT. I come to the Tesla shows over and over to watch your antics on stage as much as for the music. Don’t ever change!

June 19, 2013 5:43 amPosted 1 year ago
    Eric Gesch

Hey I just saw y’all in Dallas Texas I’ve been a huge fan since I was a teenager really enjoyed the show wow thats interesting that our gonna do a country music project I play the bass and have always been a huge hank sr fan if u need a bass player holla

June 18, 2013 4:09 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Jana Cox

Just saw you guys at House of Blues in Dallas, TX. It was an incredible show; you guys are amazing! It was my daughters first rock concert and she is a huge fan now. She thinks Dave is very sexy playing the guitar. We got our picture made with Dave and an autograph. He is the biggest sweetheart! And Jeff Keith is so energetic and fun on stage. Anyone that hasn’t seen a Tesla concert, is missing out big time! Thank you for a wonderful show and hurry back soon!

June 1, 2013 3:50 amPosted 1 year ago
    Miriam

Dear Jeff, I m so happy to see you how you are now. Very happy you are such an animal defender and lover. Lots of love, Miriam Barendsen (Rick allens ex girlfriend from Amsterdam)

May 5, 2013 11:32 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Mike Meyer

I have loved you guys since the very first time I heard modern day cowboy!! 1987 I think,have seen you 11-12 times. Me and my daughter got to meet you in Fresno in 99. Soooo down to earth!!! You are my soundtrack of life!! Keep rockin, Long live rock n roll!!!

March 28, 2013 9:47 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Sonia Coopwood

TESLA you truly rock! Whether at the gym doing cardio, or driving down the highway I love listening to Jeff Keith’s vocals. TESLA – your tunes and lyrics are so cool. I can’t wait to see you LIVE in Reno, Nevada in May!!

March 16, 2013 6:03 amPosted 1 year ago
    Melanie R

You guys came to Charlotte and I missed it…please come back soon…!

February 28, 2013 12:36 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Shawn H

Come back to Bogarts! Cincinnati, OH

January 22, 2013 9:16 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Timothy Bruen

Jeff, hope that you guys can come to Birmingham AL on the next tour. I’m originally from Rhode Island and missed the opportunity to see the band at the ppac to benefit the fire victims of the Station. What you guys did for those people will never be forgotten. I lost a friend of mine that night and again thank you and god bless. P.S get your butts down here. see ya!!!!!