JEFF KEITHvocals

Born: October 12, 1958

Birthplace: Texarkana, Arkansas

Instrument: Lead Vocals

Interests: People, Children, Animals, Music, Motorcycles, Football, Baseball, Basketball, as well as all sports. JK’s biggest interest of all is LOVE!!!

JK started singing at 24 years old while drivin’ a semi truck delivering rock and septic tanks in the mountains of Northern California.  He sang in a band with his brother called “Troubleshooter” before joining Frank Hannon and Brian Wheat in 1983 in their cover band called “City Kidd” which was later named “TESLA.”  He was born in Texarkana and grew up in Northern California as well as Idabel, Oklahoma, where he graduated High School and majored in FFA (Future Farmers of America) before moving back to Georgetown, California, a small mountain town in the Sierras.  JK won a singing contest and was introduced to the guys through some friends who knew the band.  Despite his lack of experience at the time, it was his unique and raspy voice that caught the band’s ear.

JK is a huge country music fan.  As a matter of fact, he is about to release his first effort as a country artist with a couple of very good friends from Nashville, Tennessee, Kent Goodson and Pat “the other” Boone.  The project will be titled “Jeff Keith and Country Music Friends.”  Kent Goodson is best known for his work as George Jones’ keyboardist for 28 years, from 1982 – 2011.  He has also played a big part in the songwriting and production department for the project.  JK’s other partner in CMF is Pat Boone (not the one with the white boots, that’s why we call him Pat “the other” Boone).  Pat is still George Jones’ monitor engineer for over 10 years now, which still holds the record at that particular position.  Pat’s role in the project is not only in the songwriting department, but also as Captain of the pontoon boat on “Old Hickory Lake” where most of CMF’s songs were written.  JK hopes everybody will be very supportive in his passionate pursuit of a lifelong dream for his love of country music as well as enjoy the music!

JK has always been about family, but now has a little family of his own.  It all came to be by meeting the girl of his dreams, Vera (a.k.a. “Mrs. Hoss”).  He is always saying “She’s the one for me.”  That’s not the only new girl in his life ‘cause now he is the proud father of two beautiful daughters, Danielle and Courtney.  He just walked Danielle down the aisle in 2010 in Eugene, Oregon, where she is happily married.  Courtney is now a freshman in High School and is loving every minute of it as a 4.0 Honor Student.  Last, but not least, is the fast mover and a shaker, swimmer, and a climbing little rugrat, Joe Bob Jeffrey.  He’s quite the little character.  JK feels that there is nothing more pure in this world than a child.  Unconditional love is the greatest!!!  He would also like to extend his gratitude for the greatest fans in the world!  You guys are the best!!!

JK is an avid lover of animals and has a huge heart for rescuing homeless animals.  One day, while walking into an Oakland Raiders game, a starving dog was wandering the parking lot looking for food and JK decided to skip the game and take him home.  A short time later, when the band was recording the Real to Reel album in Texas, JK discovered a homeless mother dog with puppies, and he drove them all the way to his home in California.  These acts of love were recognized by ARF (Animal Rescue Foundation) and JK received the “Evie Award” for his efforts.  The dogs’ names are “Okie”, “Cali” and the pups.  They are happy and healthy today.
Posted in: Jeff Keith, News
Tags: Jeff keith
July 7, 20113 years ago

JEFF KEITH: "We were kind of outcasts back when everyone was into the glam thing"

Recently I got the chance to chat with Jeff Keith of Tesla. We talked about Tommy Skeoch, new guitarist Dave Rude and what Tesla’s secret to being the coolest dudes in rock n roll is. Check it out below. Read more

more articles

Photo Gallery

September 4, 2012 7:32 amPosted 2 years ago
    alan weir

tesla rocked indianapolis sept 2nd.was my 9th time seeing them live,and as usual they they did not dissapoint…..tesla rules!

September 1, 2012 7:14 pmPosted 2 years ago
    veronica acevedo

love tesla

September 1, 2012 3:45 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Lou

Jeff, just saw you guys last night at the house of blues in Chicago. You guys are at the top of the list as bands to see live. Band sounded awesome and of course your vocals ripped through the air, flawless and powerful. Have to say the most unique singer in the industry. Don’t know if many have remarked about “Reel To Reel”, one of my favorite albums. Is it my Body, and Seasons of Wither, performed better than Alice, and Steven. Please take care, you are 51% of Tesla.

August 29, 2012 11:34 amPosted 2 years ago
    Kristi

WOW! I just realized Jeff Keith and I share a birthday! Hey Jeff – Can we party together??

August 21, 2012 12:41 pmPosted 2 years ago
    michael bradac

Jeff Keith ROCKS!!!!!! Jeff Keith for President 2012

August 20, 2012 8:53 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Kenny

Hey dude, if I can get out of this truck long enough to check you guys out I will be in Indy. I met you back in 92, hell of a long time ago. LOL Met you in a truck stop you were getting ready to do salt lake I was hitching across the country. I looked at your face coming in the door and I am thinking to myself who the hell do I know in Ogden Utah, I looked down at your shirt and I seen Tesla written on it…… I greeted you with oh hell no man… It was a shock. lol You signed my map for me, as I was highlighting the path I took across the nation. Signed Jeff Keith ” Tesla” 1992 Kick ass coast to coast. Well you guys have did it… Great job. Rock on and it was great meeting you.

August 19, 2012 10:39 amPosted 2 years ago
    Steven

Man just dying for yall to come back and Rock Little Rock, Arkansas!!!!

August 12, 2012 6:44 pmPosted 2 years ago
    Jennifer

Hey Jeff, ya’ll rocked Milwaukee last night!! Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to sign my poster after the show, it means a lot! And I’m glad I made u laugh with my story from back in the day 80′s Summerfest,, with my itty bitty titty’s that jerk off who poured beer on me as I was walking in to see ya’ll. My dad grounded me cause he thought I was drinking! Come back to Milwaukee soon, we love ya’ll and next time you should play paradise! Thanks again! Jennifer Andrew and Mark

August 8, 2012 9:58 amPosted 2 years ago
    Jennifer Wilkins

Hey Jeff, I forgot you also have to please play What You Give, and Changes, please Jeff, I know it’s a lot of old school stuff, but old school is the best! And play as long as State Fair lets ya’ll. 3 back stage passes to one of my favorite all time bands would be sweet! It’s only fucking Wednesday Damn taking foever!!!! xoJennifer

August 8, 2012 9:27 amPosted 2 years ago
    Jennifer Wilkins

Jeff, darlin, I’m so fucking stoked to finally see u and the band again, 1st time I saw you was Summerfest , Milw, WI I was 12. I am 39 now. I got grounded back in the day , u were playing at the old rock stage and some a-hole poored beer down my top, so my dad thought I was drinking. Anyhoo I looked at some of your last few set lists , you didn’t play my all time fave “Paradise, please, please play it the 11th at State Fair, you could even give a shout out to Jennifer Wilkins AKA Sugarbear, I’ll be in the 13th row, PLEASE play the song PLEASE! I love your voice and the lyrics! Also Modern Day Cowboy. I can’t fucking wait, luv ya’ll been a fan forever!!! Don’t forget!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxo