JEFF KEITHvocals

Born: October 12, 1958

Birthplace: Texarkana, Arkansas

Instrument: Lead Vocals

Interests: People, Children, Animals, Music, Motorcycles, Football, Baseball, Basketball, as well as all sports. JK’s biggest interest of all is LOVE!!!

JK started singing at 24 years old while drivin’ a semi truck delivering rock and septic tanks in the mountains of Northern California.  He sang in a band with his brother called “Troubleshooter” before joining Frank Hannon and Brian Wheat in 1983 in their cover band called “City Kidd” which was later named “TESLA.”  He was born in Texarkana and grew up in Northern California as well as Idabel, Oklahoma, where he graduated High School and majored in FFA (Future Farmers of America) before moving back to Georgetown, California, a small mountain town in the Sierras.  JK won a singing contest and was introduced to the guys through some friends who knew the band.  Despite his lack of experience at the time, it was his unique and raspy voice that caught the band’s ear.

JK is a huge country music fan.  As a matter of fact, he is about to release his first effort as a country artist with a couple of very good friends from Nashville, Tennessee, Kent Goodson and Pat “the other” Boone.  The project will be titled “Jeff Keith and Country Music Friends.”  Kent Goodson is best known for his work as George Jones’ keyboardist for 28 years, from 1982 – 2011.  He has also played a big part in the songwriting and production department for the project.  JK’s other partner in CMF is Pat Boone (not the one with the white boots, that’s why we call him Pat “the other” Boone).  Pat is still George Jones’ monitor engineer for over 10 years now, which still holds the record at that particular position.  Pat’s role in the project is not only in the songwriting department, but also as Captain of the pontoon boat on “Old Hickory Lake” where most of CMF’s songs were written.  JK hopes everybody will be very supportive in his passionate pursuit of a lifelong dream for his love of country music as well as enjoy the music!

JK has always been about family, but now has a little family of his own.  It all came to be by meeting the girl of his dreams, Vera (a.k.a. “Mrs. Hoss”).  He is always saying “She’s the one for me.”  That’s not the only new girl in his life ‘cause now he is the proud father of two beautiful daughters, Danielle and Courtney.  He just walked Danielle down the aisle in 2010 in Eugene, Oregon, where she is happily married.  Courtney is now a freshman in High School and is loving every minute of it as a 4.0 Honor Student.  Last, but not least, is the fast mover and a shaker, swimmer, and a climbing little rugrat, Joe Bob Jeffrey.  He’s quite the little character.  JK feels that there is nothing more pure in this world than a child.  Unconditional love is the greatest!!!  He would also like to extend his gratitude for the greatest fans in the world!  You guys are the best!!!

JK is an avid lover of animals and has a huge heart for rescuing homeless animals.  One day, while walking into an Oakland Raiders game, a starving dog was wandering the parking lot looking for food and JK decided to skip the game and take him home.  A short time later, when the band was recording the Real to Reel album in Texas, JK discovered a homeless mother dog with puppies, and he drove them all the way to his home in California.  These acts of love were recognized by ARF (Animal Rescue Foundation) and JK received the “Evie Award” for his efforts.  The dogs’ names are “Okie”, “Cali” and the pups.  They are happy and healthy today.
Posted in: Jeff Keith, News
Tags: Jeff keith
July 7, 20113 years ago

JEFF KEITH: "We were kind of outcasts back when everyone was into the glam thing"

Recently I got the chance to chat with Jeff Keith of Tesla. We talked about Tommy Skeoch, new guitarist Dave Rude and what Tesla’s secret to being the coolest dudes in rock n roll is. Check it out below. Read more

more articles

Photo Gallery

July 13, 2014 6:49 amPosted 3 months ago
    Seth Smith

Tesla, thank you for coming out right in my backyard for Gettysburg Bike Week. You guys ROCK. Saw you 15+years ago in Hammerjack…Baltimore, Md. Awesome show then and now. Loved my Lil’ Suzi. Thanks for coming out and rockin out. Love the tunes and respect for the people who listen. Come back you here, Seth, originally from Oceanside, Calif. Retired in G-burg, Penna

June 30, 2014 8:19 pmPosted 3 months ago
    Debby Barber

Saw you all last nite in Pleasenton Ca. you were great! Have to say Jeff your energy, enthusiam and passion for what you do just lit up the stage! How you addressed your fans and made sure you were there for their pics or hand shakes so no fan missed out was truly grand! All you guys truly seem to go that extra mile for your fans which is rare nowadays…and thus is probably why y’all been around for so long…again thank you..your heart and kindness just made your concert extra special to me

June 29, 2014 9:57 amPosted 3 months ago
    Gary Bergamini

Jeff, my family and I were at sactownrocks last night. You guys rocked the Capitol.

June 27, 2014 6:47 amPosted 3 months ago
    dan benedict

28 years ago you guys opened for Defleppard in Battle Creek,Mi and had front stage view and Jeff Keith leaned in my face and said “Ibet you don’t know who the fuck we are” and I didn’t but after that I had to buy back then a tape and have been a fan ever since, I was totally amazed at seeing you in Battle Creek,May 31st2014 You guys are still awesome thanks and come back to BattleCreek,Love the whole cd “Simplicity” it is a must have if you are a true Tesla fan

June 23, 2014 6:18 pmPosted 3 months ago
    Paul Lucido

Always Loved your music, even though I was into the thrash metal scene in the 80s.
    Have seen you guys twice now in NY, including that kick ass show a few nights ago.
    Hope you come back to NY soon. Love the new album. \m/

June 22, 2014 3:37 pmPosted 3 months ago
    Donald Kemper

Jeff i have been a fan since i heard my first tesla song love the new cd will allways be a fan all the best to y”all and keep on rockin

June 22, 2014 9:52 amPosted 3 months ago
    Jr.

Hey man I’ve been following yall since the beginning. Tried to go to every show I was able to. From Shreveport to Dallas to Las Vegas even seeing Sofa King and Moon Dog Mane (which I know you were not in but still the Tesla family). Your music has always been part of my life and now part of my kids too. Taking them to see you for the first time at Magic Springs in Hot Springs. They can’t wait and it’s July 4 too! Should be a killer show. My daughter who is 11 has been singing I Love You since it came out. It’s on her ipod with other Tesla songs. She keeps asking me if you’re going to play it. I hope she gets to hear it live. Not sure if you even read these post but thanks for the music and memories.

Keep on truckin
    Jr.

June 18, 2014 8:53 amPosted 4 months ago
    Hanna

Just wanted to send a shout out to you Jeff and the band….love the new album as I do all your music. TESLA till the day I die, can’t wait to see you guys July 18th!! I haven’t been to one of your shows since the 90′s. Keeping my fingers crossed that we can meet you and the band. Your voice is like a medicine to me, it sends chills through my soul. Keep on ROCKIN, love, love, love you guys!

June 17, 2014 11:39 amPosted 4 months ago
    Lisa Atwood

Hi JK,

I just wanted to thank you for all the great music Tesla has given us through the years. I have loved you guys since the 80′s. I absolutely love your kind sole and the wonderful heartfelt lyrics you put in your songs. Funny Story, back in the day when I used to party hard I would get drunk and sit in front of the stereo and list to Tesla for hours. One particular night a guy that I was attracted to but had not really hooked up with yet came and sat down with me and started singing your songs with me word for word!! I knew at that moment that he was the guy for me! I walked down the isle to the Frank playing the prelude to love song. And our dance together at the reception was to A lot to lose. Tesla has been such a big part of my life for years and I am so glad you guys are still around and making great music!! Sure wish you were coming to NM on this tour! Keep on rockin!! Going to try and make the Cruise next year! Love the new album!! Lisa

June 16, 2014 6:18 pmPosted 4 months ago
    Rob Manze

Hey Jeff, Fan since 1988 and Tesla is truly my all-time favorite band. Met y’all several times after shows in PA and once New Orleans. Love the new record and SO happy Tesla is STILL putting out new music. Those late 90s years sucked and was truly uplifting to my soul and my life when Tesla came back into being. I want to take the liberty to make my request for new song that I HOPE will get added to the set before the Biloxi, MS show next month. Filp Side is one of my favorites off Simplicity and it’s the song that me and my kids were having a dancing, singing, air-jammin session to on Father’s Day (as we listened to the record on repeat most of the day). I love a bunch of songs on the record, but I’ll limit my request to just that one to not be greedy. Can wait for July 17th brother!

Rob Manze