DAVE RUDElead guitar

Born: June 14, 1978
Birthplace: Oakland, California
Instruments: Electric, acoustic, and slide guitars; background vocals
Interests: Writing songs, exercising, updating bios.

Dave started playing guitar at 9 years of age and grew up near Berkeley, California. His main musical influences are Guns 'n' Roses, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble, Metallica, and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Living in the SF bay area, Dave attended SFSU for a history major, but left school to pursue his music career instead. As it turns out Dave was a huge fan of TESLA’S “5 Man Acoustic Jam” album when he was a kid, but it was Guns 'n' Roses’ “Appetite for Destruction” that made him want to rock and be the axe shredder he is today.

Dave played in a band called The Servants around the San Francisco club scene, before starting his own solo group aptly called Dave Rude Band. That’s when he was discovered by Frank on his band's mySpace page, which led to him joining TESLA in 2006 for the “Electric Summer Jam” tour.

His first studio experience with TESLA was recording the critically acclaimed “Real to Reel” covers album. The 2008 album “Forever More” was Dave’s first studio album of all original music with TESLA. His positive energy and undeniable talent on the guitar has proven to be a burst of greatness for TESLA.

Posted in: Dave Rude, News
Tags: dave rude
January 24, 20122 years ago

Epiphone: Dave Rude on the Twisted Wires Acoustic Tour with Masterbilt

"I was so jazzed to play those suckers every night. They've really got great tone and playability..." Read more
more articles

Photo Gallery

July 20, 2014 1:27 amPosted 4 months ago
    Eudella

I just watched your show in Okc ok at Frontier City. You rock! Awesome show. I really enjoyed the show and the new songs as well as my fave’s. Wished I could have went to City nights to see u again, but we already spent 30.00 for the show , 8.oo for parking, 12.00 for 2 beers. I ended up spending 78.00 all together. I wanted to get a dvd signed and was going to go, unfortunately, I ran out of money. boo! keep doing u. :) you are a sexy talented hottie!

July 12, 2014 10:07 pmPosted 4 months ago
    mark kellerbauer

hey Dave, was at the Sylvania,Ohio show…just want to say thanks for chatting with me {about my Tom Petty shirt } and signing my shirt…my 7th time seeing Tesla!!!…as always,awesome show!!!…Jeff,a voice like no other!!! thanks Tesla, see you in august at the house of blues in Cleveland!!!…

July 12, 2014 5:40 pmPosted 4 months ago
    Greg

I went to the Toledo (Sylvania ) concert on the 11th of July . After a excellent concert , it was announced that a member of the band would be at the merch booth signing T-shirts and cds . It was Dave ! when the line formed and I saw how many people were waiting , I never thought I would get an autograph as I was almost the last one in line . Dave , you stayed right to the end which was almost an entire hour of signing and pictures . I thought that’s was SO cool . I can proudly display it next to the one Frank Hannon signed ! I never miss Tesla when they are around the Detroit /Toledo area . This was the 14th time I have saw Tesla , I Have to say it was one of the best I Have been to yet ! Looking forward to seeing you in Sterling Heights Michigan in August ! Thanks again Dave , YOU ROCK !!!!!!!!!

June 16, 2014 12:56 amPosted 5 months ago
    davrrude04

i look at dave’s photos. they are very inspiring. I admire him. He is professional with his work. He is very original to use myspace, a very basic design, to have this band and have it work. it is impressing. and then he would have a sound system and not just an old recording studio or grand piano. to be in SF (where he could just follow that scene and hope to get a gig)..but then to go outside of that to MP3 and myspace that is very good. thnx.

January 29, 2014 7:39 pmPosted 9 months ago
    Roz Hill

Hi Dave, my son is a very talented lead and rhythm guitarist. He recently moved to Santa Maria CA to join a band that he believed was truly as dedicated and motivated to make music as he was. This turned out not to be the case. Do you have any suggestions for him? He wants to stay in CA and try to pursue things on his own but doesn’t really have the connections. He is a huge Tesla fan, as are myself and my husband. Our kids grew up listening to your music. Any advice you can give would be amazing! Thank you so much!

December 5, 2013 1:18 pmPosted 11 months ago
    Debbie (Jeep2Jeep)

Hey Dave, I LOVe watching you play and make your hair go flying, yea I know it sounds sappy, so Sue me, I LOVE me some Tesla, you and Frank together sound out of this World, I really HOPE you come back to Columbus, OH again, I can’t wait to see you guys, Maybe you will sign something for me, That would be sooooooo AWESOME :) I Wish you the Best :) LOL Deb

November 30, 2013 5:20 pmPosted 11 months ago
    Christine

Amazing…

August 11, 2013 7:05 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Mark

Hey Dave , Me and my daughter Had a blast at the show in Wendover NV. you and the band did a great job. Thank you for taking the time to sign my shirt and ticket and also getting a picture with you, your a nice guy very down to earth. I cant wait to see you guys again , take care and good luck. Rock on……….

August 8, 2013 1:16 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Robb Cox

Hey Dave… LOVED the show in Lincoln City Oregon. Thanks for signing my set list. :) And YES , I got an A+ on my Concert Review. You guys are AWESOME>>>>CAN”T wait to see you guys again…..for the 10th time. :)

July 22, 2013 9:48 amPosted 1 year ago
    Gemma

Great show at the HOB Chicago the other night. Thanks for being so nice and chatting with me and my friends. It was a pleasure! I’ll see you again the next time you visit another HOB/Foundation Room venue!