DAVE RUDElead guitar

Born: June 14, 1978
Birthplace: Oakland, California
Instruments: Electric, acoustic, and slide guitars; background vocals
Interests: Writing songs, exercising, updating bios.

Dave started playing guitar at 9 years of age and grew up near Berkeley, California. His main musical influences are Guns 'n' Roses, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble, Metallica, and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Living in the SF bay area, Dave attended SFSU for a history major, but left school to pursue his music career instead. As it turns out Dave was a huge fan of TESLA’S “5 Man Acoustic Jam” album when he was a kid, but it was Guns 'n' Roses’ “Appetite for Destruction” that made him want to rock and be the axe shredder he is today.

Dave played in a band called The Servants around the San Francisco club scene, before starting his own solo group aptly called Dave Rude Band. That’s when he was discovered by Frank on his band's mySpace page, which led to him joining TESLA in 2006 for the “Electric Summer Jam” tour.

His first studio experience with TESLA was recording the critically acclaimed “Real to Reel” covers album. The 2008 album “Forever More” was Dave’s first studio album of all original music with TESLA. His positive energy and undeniable talent on the guitar has proven to be a burst of greatness for TESLA.

Posted in: Dave Rude, News
Tags: dave rude
January 24, 20122 years ago

Epiphone: Dave Rude on the Twisted Wires Acoustic Tour with Masterbilt

"I was so jazzed to play those suckers every night. They've really got great tone and playability..." Read more
more articles

Photo Gallery

July 14, 2013 7:51 pmPosted 9 months ago
    julie

Hi Dave,!! I just want you to know,! IVe been a fan of teslas music over the years,! My friend signed me up for 80s rock, ! I saw your pic, and OMG, ! That was it !! Youre soo “Hot”!! I will have to see you in concert when you come to the albany area next?! I didnt see any dates?! You are my newest Hottie,!!” Your fan, Juls!! PLease contact me if you have sometime,!! Ive seen some great concerts in my lifetime, !! Could tell ya some great stories!! I lived in Daytona BCh Fla.. so, i had s chance to see great shows,!! Hope to hear from you?! Are you married?! Im sure A catch like you!! Chat soon,!!xx

June 4, 2013 4:54 amPosted 10 months ago
    MARK DUDKIEWICZ

RECIEVED YOUR CD FROM RATPAKRECORDS I JUST WANT TO SAY IT IS AWESOME.
    CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU TESLA AT PENNS PEAK KEEP ROCKIN

MARK

May 22, 2013 3:02 pmPosted 11 months ago
    Cindie Shaw

Saw TESLA at Chinook Winds Casino in Lincoln City Or on May 11th… Had the BEST time! Hadn’t been to a concert in almost 20 years. Got to meet Dave, got an autograph and a picture with him… Thank you Dave for giving so personally to your fans! Keep touring!!

May 13, 2013 9:40 pmPosted 11 months ago
    Danielle

Just had a rockin weekend in Lincoln City. Don’t ever stop touring!

May 12, 2013 4:27 pmPosted 11 months ago
    Tessa Adams

Loved the show last night at Lincoln City! Got to meet Dave! Was starstruck, what a nice person :-)

July 22, 2012 4:55 pmPosted 1 year ago
    MICHELLE REED

I got to see you in Hot Springs. I grew up with you guys, have seen you two other times and you are still AWESOME! Dave is a amazing fresh spark to the already outstanding group, hot to look at! Wish I could travel all over to see you guys, you never get old to listen to. Memories of my life.

November 28, 2012 11:24 amPosted 1 year ago
      Jeremy Scaggs

I was at that show also amazing!!!

July 20, 2012 12:43 amPosted 1 year ago
    Dan Engell

It was so great seeing you guys open for Queensryche two years ago in Puyallup, WA. You guys blew QR away!

I just got the DVD “Comin’ Atcha Live” which is also awesome. Stay cool and keep on rockin’.

June 24, 2012 9:00 amPosted 1 year ago
    Sherry jeffers

Loved seeing you guys in Reno. You put on a great show, brought me back to the 80′s again. Look forward to seeing you again.

June 8, 2012 4:23 pmPosted 1 year ago
    Aya Ortega Gil

wow! the child of tesla. I would see you someday in my life. You deserve to be in Tesla. you are too good man!! (: I love Tesla forever more! long live!

June 4, 2012 10:28 amPosted 1 year ago
    Curtis m Cox Sr

we met dave on monsters of rock cruise in febuary tesla rocks this band is the coolest met them all and took pics wityh eveyone except brian dave your the coolest thanks for your time and all the bands time to hang and take pics THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my wife and i are teslacholics well see you in albuq phx and tucson with the scorps you guys ROCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK